Masuk

Dec 24, 2012

Designing Unique Semi-Precious Jewellery


I have been designing jewellery for many years and I love to use beautiful semi-precious gemstones in my unique jewellery designs. By making my own jewellery I can create unusual and unique designs that cannot be found anywhere else.

I look to nature for inspiration for my handmade jewellery designs both in the choosing of the colours and for the shapes in the designs. By looking in your garden or taking a walk in the country you will be inspired to create your own unique piece of handmade semi-precious jewellery.

First you have to choose what piece you would like to create, necklace, earrings or a bracelet. Then the colours you would like your piece. When you have done this then you have to decide on which semi-precious gemstone beads you would like. I love to mix my gemstone beads with other handmade beads made from glass, pearls and always crystal beads to add a little sparkle to my handmade designs.

You need to decide if you would like a focal point for the designs and a semi-precious gemstone pendant will work for this and these are available in many shapes and sizes. You do not need a focal point as if you are feeling confident you can go for an asymmetrical design but remember that you have to get the weight balance right or your piece will not sit correctly so this type of design might be better left until you feel more confident.

I find that a bead tray is very useful when creating a unique jewellery design as you can lay out your semi-precious beads in order without them rolling all over the table and you can see the length of your design as it grows. This way allows you to move the beads into the order you desire before you actually string them.

When you have created your unique design you have to choose the type of clasp you would like and this is total down to personal preference. You can use a lobster clasp, a hook and eye or my preference is toggle clasps that come in many unique styles. Magnetic clasps are also great for people that have difficulty with fiddly things.

Tiger Tail is my preference for stringing my semi-precious beads and this is wire covered in plastic and has the strength to keep your unique piece of semi-precious jewellery safe.

So why not have a go at making a unique piece of jewellery for yourself and just let your imagination go wild.




I have been creating pieces of unique jewellery for many years and I love to experiment with beautiful gemstones mixed with handmade and semi-precious beads to create my unique and original jewellery designs. I have now turned my hobby into a business and created selling my unusual jewellery at http://www.jade-jewellery.co.uk/





This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Website | valawax | ka-sale
Copyright © 2011. Strange New in The World - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by anakmuDa Published by MybloG
Proudly powered by Blogger